Thursday, April 28, 2011

"Green Bling" - Jewelry for JDRF

I have a fun and exciting way to reduce waste and help fund research toward a cure for diabetes! I fashion jewelry out of re-puposed plastic drinking bottles and remnant yarns and threads. All of the bottle gets used, even the lids get used to make tiny pin cushions. This project pleases me because there is less waste going to the landfills, money being raised for JDRF - Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, through the sales of this jewelry and the tiny pin cushions, and the end product allows someone to support a cause while wearing "green bling".  JDRF gets 100% proceeds because all materials are donated, so I donate my time. Below are some examples.
                                    
 Bangle Bracelets              Lizard Necklace                 Tiny Pin Cushions
      $5 each                           $5 each                               $1 each

No comments:

Post a Comment